Friday, October 18, 2013

A to Z (Bookish) Survey

I forget now where I first saw this survey-meme, first created by Perpetual Page Turner , but nevertheless I have copy-pasted the questions, so this is it….



Author you’ve read the most books from:
Agatha Christie—I’ve been reading her books since my junior high school.

Best Sequel Ever:

Currently Reading:
Moby Dick (Herman Melville)—and I enjoy it very much!

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water or hot chocolate, hmmm…. :)

E-reader or Physical Book?
Both—e-reader is very helpful when reading books with difficult words, Shakespeare, for instance :D.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
It’s a tough question, because I have certainly changed a lot now, but maybe D’Artagnan would have been interesting for ‘me in High School’….

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw. I first thought it would be flat and rather boring, but on the contrary, it’s interesting and sometimes witty.

Hidden Gem Book:
Winnetou by Karl May, I don’t think many readers know about this, or they might have heard about it without knowing how inspiring and touching it is.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Joining The Classics Club; since then on I’ve been learning more and more about classics literature; discussing them with the members; enjoying the readathon; and tons of other fun of reading classics.

Just Finished:
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith). It’s quite entertaining although sometimes quite boring too.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Romance, horror, popular fantasy, and books that are attacking (in any ways) my faith. 

Longest Book You’ve Read:
I think War and Peace is the longest so far.

Major book hangover because of:
L’Assommoir—it’s shocking, and I needed a few days before moving on to next book.  

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Only two….. *smile humbly*

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Can Tintin be called book? If not, perhaps Agatha Christie’s Curtain or And Then There Were None (I really forget how many times I’ve read them).

Preferred Place To Read:
Any place provides me silence and privacy.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
“If there's just one kind of folks, why can't they get along with each other? If they're all alike, why do they go out of their way to despise each other?” ~To Kill A Mockingbird.

Reading Regret:
That I didn't read classics literature earlier. So now, I want to catch up by reading as much as I can. 

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
The Rougon-Macquart series by Emile Zola, so far I read only several of them, randomly. I plan to read all of it, and maybe someday I will re-read all in proper order, to get the big idea Zola wants to tell us.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Germinal, To Kill A Mockingbird, Curtain.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Emile Zola! He’s genius, great story teller, and can always bring me on the edge of my emotion.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The Sycamore Row by John Grisham. Although I don’t remember anything about A Time To Kill, anything from Grisham always tempt me to read!

Worst Bookish Habit:
Keep buying books though I know my mom would be complaining because there seem to be books in every room at our house… errr….except bathroom of course :D

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
I picked this from my ‘temporary-shelf’ at my office (LOL!), and the 27th is Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky; one of my most anticipated books!

Your latest book purchase:
Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome’s Greatest Politician by Anthony Everitt.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late)
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I read it two years ago, and during those days I often regretted in the morning that I must go to work, LOL!


2 comments:

  1. This was fun to read!! And you just reminded me to read Grisham, which I keep planning to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you haven't read Grisham at all? Start from A Time To Kill. Or if you like humanity theme, try The Chamber. Or if you prefer adventure, try The Testament. Well....Grisham is great in writing different topics. Even his novel about basball can entertain me, while I know nothing about baseball :))

      Delete