Thursday, August 22, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 10: Choosing Books To Read Next



I have mentioned in my book related confessions that I am an organized person. I don’t like being confused of choosing a book to read next after finishing the last one; I don’t have time to do that either! In the little time I have, I must optimize my reading, right? So, early every year—actually I start it on the end of previous year—I would create a reading schedule for the whole year.

Right now, I have three personal reading projects that run simultaneously: The Classics Club, WEM Self-Project, and 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. Not mentioning other reading challenges and reading events I’d be participating or hosting. So, actually it’s not too difficult to create a reading list of what I would read the whole year.

As I already know my average reading speed, I can set average maximum pages I would read in every month. I also arrange to put serious and lighter books together in the same month to make it balanced. I don’t make the schedule too tight, so that, if suddenly I crave to read one new published book, for instance, I can make room for it between the scheduled books.

What if I couldn’t make all of it in the end of year or even in particular month? Well….it’s my own schedule anyway, I am prepared to modify it every now and then to fit my recent pace and schedule.

What about you? Are you a well organized read like me, or are you a moody person who must always choose what book to read next?


~~~~~~~~~

The rest 14 days of the challenge:
Day 1 - 15 Book Related Confessions
Day 2 - Bedtime Reading Ritual
Day 3 - Blogging BFFs
Day 4 - Last Book I Didn't Finish
Day 5 - A Tear-Jerker
Day 6 - How I Shop for Books
Day 7 - My Blogging Quirks
Day 8 - 15 Things Appeals to Me on Blogs
Day 9 - Why I Blog About Books

Day 11 - Five of My Best Blog Posts
Day 12 - Blogger Fatigue? Never!

Day 13 - Underappreciated Classis Everyone Should Read

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only person who is a bit methodical in their approach to reading. I enjoyed reading your post and am glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm relieved too that at least another blogger shares my habit! :)

      Delete