I’m so glad that Adam continues to host this challenge next year, 2014! It helped me so much to
force encourage me to read those neglected books over this year.
Like many of you, I believe, I am often tempted by books I newly purchase. And
sometimes, it’s quite boring to see a certain book again and again for few
years, there in my bookcase, that I am reluctant to read it. And whose fault
was it? Mine, of course….
This year I have been successfully conquering not less than 13 books of my TBR pile, and am right now on the second half of the 14th book. Yep! I intend to read all the 14 books (12 originals in the list and 2 alternates) by the end of 2013. So, I’ve been waiting for Adam’s announcement for 2014 challenge, because I have been, these few weeks in fact, creating a new list to be conquered.
Here’s the twelve books I’ll be reading during 2014, along with two alternates (which I hope I’ll read too before the end of 2014). The years behind each book are the publishing year, as the rule is to read books published before January 2013.
- The Professor and the Mad Man - Simon Winchester ~ 2006 [Indonesian translation]
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett ~ May 2010 [Indonesian translation]
- Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes ~ May 1997
- Angel’s Cake – Gaile Parkin ~ 2010 [Indonesian translation]
- Contact – Carl Sagan ~ Dec 1997 [Indonesian translation]
- The Debacle - Emile Zola ~ 1973
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou ~ Apr 2009
- Terre des Homes (Wind, Sand and Stars) – Antoine de Saint-Exupery ~ Dec 2011 [Indonesian translation]
- By The RiverPiedra I Sat Down and Wept – Paulo Coelho ~ 2007 [Indonesian translation]
- Little House on the Prairie – Laura Ingalls Wilder ~ Jan 2007
- The Kill – Emile Zola ~ Sep 2008
- Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy – John Le Carré ~ Aug 2011
- Foucault's Pendulum – Umberto Eco ~ Nov 2010 [Indonesian translation]
- Greyfriars Bobby – Eleanor Atkinson ~ Aug 2010 [Indonesian translation]
By the way, I have only realized just now that more than half of the list is Indonesian translation. Well, I have a fondness of reading English books lately, and neglecting my Indonesian translation books. Oh my...that's why, again, I must thank Adam for hosting this challenge. Now...let's conquer the heap!