Friday, September 6, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 14: My Deal Breakers

I am quite a picky in deciding books I want to read, so I don’t meet deal breakers quite often. But sometimes, when they do come, they could be….



Flat from the beginning

The first pages, or at least one chapter, is the most important thing for me to judge the whole book. If it clicks with me, I know this must be a good book. But if it doesn’t, I’d try to continue, but if after two chapters I don’t feel like reading it, I’d probably put it down.

Genre/theme I don’t like

I don’t like romance and fantasy, but can tolerate them if the romance/fantasy is only the spice, not the center point.

Without any sympathetic main character

I’ll be asking, so what is the point to read this book anyway?

That’s all I think….what about you? Do you have any deal breakers?

~~~~~~~


Day 1 - 15 Book Related Confessions
Day 2 - Bedtime Reading Ritual
Day 3 - Blogging BFFs
Day 4 - Last Book I Didn't Finish
Day 5 - A Tear-Jerker
Day 6 - How I Shop for Books
Day 7 - My Blogging Quirks
Day 8 - 15 Things Appeals to Me on Blogs
Day 9 - Why I Blog About Books
Day 10 - Choosing Books To Read Next
Day 11 - Five of My Best Blog Posts
Day 12 - Blogger Fatigue? Never!
Day 13 - Underappreciated Classis Everyone Should Read

No comments:

Post a Comment